In almost every post, I tell you guys I love a statement piece and I'm not shy about having several in one outfit! Usually multiple statement pieces means, layers of clothing or jewelry - however on this particular day in North Hollywood, it was unbearably hot! And when it's hot, I go for minimally chic looks to carry me through the day.
This outfit highlights my super cute canary yellow lace "cami" (camisole). I spotted this brightly hued top and Forever 21, and knew that I had to have it! The vibrant color is what attracted me to this top, but everyone knows bright colors can be a hit or miss.
Let me give you a few of my tips when planning to wear bright colors:
1. Pair Brights with Dark Shades
- For example, I've paired this look with a dark wash denim pant, with ripped detailing. This, and my skin tone really let the yellow pop right out of this look.
2. Brights in Jewelry
- You may feel like you look plain in just a top and your jeans, but it is a real wonder how a dash of bright color can transform the way you look. Pick up junk bangles, or a beaded necklace, or just have fun with your earrings. I chose the latter, and jazzed up this look with fun summertime appropriate pineapple earrings!
3. Match Brights with Neautrals
- One great way to show off a bold choice in color is to pair it with neutrals, such as shades of brown, tan, ivory, white or gray. As you see, I chose my fave "So Kate" Christian Louboutin pumps to complete this look. Wearing the nude shoe, helps keep the focus up top on the canary yellow cami.
Ultimately, other than these tips on wearing bright colors, the best advise I can give you is to free your mind, drop your hesitation and experiment. Sound off on how you pair your brights in the comments below!
Hair - Curl Wand
Top - Forever 21
Jean - Forever 21
Shoe - Christian Louboutin So Kate Nude